[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 17:50:40 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----

I haven't worked much with the -nogui flag, but what's wrong with sending a
[size 20( message to [tgl] in nogui mode?  I don't see an error message.

>>  At least that's what I remember the last time I used [widget].  It also
> didn't [loadbang] properly which was annoying.
>
> The concept of [widget] is interesting, but I think that it needs to be redone
> in some other way. Just like all the GUI.

I think they are two different levels of "needs to be redone"-- iemguis could be
better but are consistent and functional.  [widget] is buggy, a bit confusing*, and
inconsistent with most other gui objects.

* it's not actually tcl syntax, btw

> At this point, though, my opinion on how to do it has changed significantly
> since the DD days, which is part of why I don't especially want to finish DD
> (and this change of opinion also has to do with persistent patterns in bugs I
> encountered).

Ah, ok-- then I won't bug you about DD. :)

-Jonathan