[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy isdiscontinued?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Nov 6 03:32:30 CET 2011

On Nov 5, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Le 2011-11-05 à 00:50:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>
>> The problem with changing t_widgetbehavior is that it breaks binary compatibililty, I think.
>
> Yes, and I already had made extra-crunchy hacks in GridFlow so that it can be binary-compatible with both Vanilla and Extended while doing m_imp.h hacks. This was because Extended introduced the quite unnecessary m_blobmethod field.
>
> So, I'd have to do another hack like that (but easier) to support L2Ork. I'm not interested in distributing more binaries, so either Ivica distributes his own GridFlow binaries, or preferably, I would have some code to auto-detect L2Ork and act accordingly.
>
> Coïncidentally, both binary-compat problems have to do with (different parts of) the comment-inlet hack used in the GFDP helpfile «template».
>
> There are similar binary-compat problems trying to deal with multiple versions of Extended because GridFlow also links to GEM, which comes in multiple binary-incompatible versions depending on the version of Extended.
>
> GF supports 3 different ABIs of GEM, but now there's a new ABI that it isn't compatible with yet. It's the 3rd different GEM ABI to be labelled «0.93» so far. (but I don't remember which versions of GEM are bundled with Extended).

Is that a Pd-extended issue or a Gem issue? I don't really know much about Gem's guts or C++ linking.  I was under the impression this issue is related to C++ name mangling.

"Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools, but with live coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris McCormick