[PD] soundfiler is slow; readsf~ no filelength

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Nov 6 15:52:15 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-06 à 08:38:00, Samuel Burt a écrit :

> I installed a new version of gridflow. I'm happy to say it is so much
> easier to do than it used to be.

I don't know which old version you are referring to.

> Gridflow is giving me this message: error: method 'endian' not found for
> inlet 0 in class '#io.grid' When I search for the error, Pd goes here:
> It highlights the receiving of $0-placeholder. Any idea why?

GridFlow reports the error as coming from [#io.grid], which is a plugin
for the [#in] (and [#out]) abstractions. The $0-placeholder subpatch holds
whichever object is created when you send «open», to handle your file or
device, and when you send «close», it replaces it by a dummy object that
just prints «not open».

> It isn't giving me the number of samples, yet. It just prints the error
> and outputs 0.

I said that the support for «endian» was added (back) a few days ago.
Therefore, it is not in packages. The latest published packages were made
in february.

The patch contains two versions of the same thing, and the bigger of the
two is the workaround for when «endian» is not supported yet.

I don't know how you can get 0. When I got the error message, I also got a
very wrong value that wasn't 0. Do you really get 0, or no value ? use
[print]. All the messages in the messagebox is important, and part of
their order is important (open first, then configure the reader, then use
bang to read, then close).