[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy isdiscontinued?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Nov 6 15:58:46 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-05 à 22:32:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> On Nov 5, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
>> GF supports 3 different ABIs of GEM, but now there's a new ABI that it
>> isn't compatible with yet. It's the 3rd different GEM ABI to be
>> labelled «0.93» so far. (but I don't remember which versions of GEM are
>> bundled with Extended).
>
> Is that a Pd-extended issue or a Gem issue?

I mention one of the GEM linkage problems as a different example of the
same kind of problem.

> I don't really know much about Gem's guts or C++ linking.  I was under
> the impression this issue is related to C++ name mangling.

Well, I have two problems with linking with GEM :

One is that the GEM ABI keeps changing (struct fields get added and
deleted in header files needed to support GEM).

The other is that VisualC++'s ABI is not compatible with GCC's C++ ABI,
and that makes it impossible to use [#to_pix] and [#from_pix] on Windows.
It's both the name mangling and the exception-handling, but I got stuck at
the name-mangling part.