[PD] Sigmund~ or Bonk~ question: discerning input between two sounds

Sebastian Valenzuela svalenzuelamusic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:19:42 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I'll be beat-boxing (with my voice) TWO sounds into my computer microphone:
a "Kick drum" sound and a "Hi-Hat" sound. I would like to use some sort of
spectral analysis object to send bangs when it recognizes them. I ran these
two sounds through a spectral analyser and found that the "Kick" sound was
between 100-300 hz and the "Hi-Hat" sound was between 1k-10k hz. What is
the most precise way to do this? In [sigmund~], what are the arguments I
would use, and how would I specify these ranges through these arguments?

Thank you for your time,
Sebastian