[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Nov 9 23:30:30 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-09 à 12:40:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

>> How useful and typical is a radiobutton with n=1 ?
> Getting user input by dragging a rectangle is very useful and typical.
> (See [cnv] help.)

But does that work outside of [cnv], and does that work with
radiobuttons ?

Anyway, I think that it's better to concentrate on testing large sets of
GUI elements because it is with those large sets that responsiveness
problems do occur, and the CPU percentages are rarely obvious (not so
proportional). The large sets ought to be as realistic as possible,
though, not insane stress tests. But it's hard to be representative with
Pd, because everybody is using Pd in a different way.

Perhaps the MTL libraries (by Thomas O. Fredericks) could be good tests,
because they contain a fair amount of sophisticated and useful GOP
abstractions meant to be used by Pd users of all levels. But I have rarely
used them personally.

> A tcl/tkzinc comparison would be nice, but I'd also like to see the
> results with a toolkit like Qt.  (Unfortunately I had trouble last time
> I tried to get the Qt dev stuff running on my laptop.)

What was wrong with the Qt dev stuff ? I think that it might be
enlightening to know that.