[PD] Interruption of audio / Loading sound into array

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 10 01:22:18 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-08 à 10:40:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> You have to remember that words can have different meanings in different
> contexts.  We are not CS professors, this is the Pd list, so this
> context changes which meaning are most likely to be understood.

If I were a CS professor or trying to use exactly the same vocabulary as
them, I would have never ever claimed that PureData is dataflow, and I
would have argued against using the word «dataflow» to describe PureData.

The use of the word «parallel» that I'm talking about, has a much
widespread use than just CS departments.

And I still don't understand what you're trying to say about objects
running in parallel or concurrently. The point is that you're not trying
to make yourself understood because you're not giving us the context for
you still haven't stated after writing
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2011-11/092330.html which
looks plain wrong with the standard definitions that all developers use
for this.