[PD] Interruption of audio / Loading sound into array

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Thu Nov 10 09:54:40 CET 2011

Hi,

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> And I still don't understand what you're trying to say about objects
> running in parallel or concurrently.

Hans and I are talking from the user (user=the guy that creates a patch)
point of view. That is, it _looks like_ objects do things in parallel
when patched with parallel cords. Of course that's not true, pure-data
is more of a multiplexed state-machine, just like an ethernet network.

In that respect, soundfiler is not made to run well in a switched
environnement such as pd. Just like a network interface that would
saturate a link, ignoring time-slots, collision-detection and such.

Does "switched state-machine" sounds good to define pd's core ?

--
Charlot