[PD] Natty SPDIF samplerate 44.1k / 48k problem (OSS)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Nov 10 14:31:17 CET 2011

Thanks Roman,

but no - the soundcard supports up to 192k sampling rate and I do get it to
playback at 44.1k every once in a while. When
I switch PCM on/off a couple of times all the sudden it starts working
correctly. I can see it on my RME-HDSP. It shows 48k at startup with no
sound and after switching it on an off and resetting the samplerate in Pd a
number of times it picks up the correct sample rate.
The HDSP shows 44.1k and there is sound. So it does support 44.1k.

The question is: How do I set this samplerate at system startup in Natty?
I just read about a way how to do it in OSS4 but I'm still using the older
OSS ( OSS 3 ? ) because of the MIDI support.

Ingo