[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 10 17:43:39 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-05 à 09:50:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

> I haven't worked much with the -nogui flag, but what's wrong with sending a
> [size 20( message to [tgl] in nogui mode?  I don't see an error message.

It's not «wrong», it's just that Toxy implements only the
t_widgetbehavior/sys_vgui part of it, and you have to code the rest of the
class by other means, e.g. as an abstraction wrapper. I don't know what's
written in Toxy's docs (never really used it), but it sounds clear from
the description of the problem that the problem is that you have to use an
abstraction around most uses of Toxy, while you assume that you don't have
to.

> * it's not actually tcl syntax, btw

Yeah... that's a normal problem in Pd.

> Ah, ok-- then I won't bug you about DD. :)

Well, we could talk about future replacements to DD instead.