[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.43-1 test 5 released

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:58:12 CET 2011

Hi Miller

On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 22:55 -0800, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Another test version... I still am working on 2 bugs.
>
> The biggest change is that I updated tcl/tk to version 8.5 in the
> Windows compiled package.
>
> It's on the usual http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.htm or:
>
> git clone git://pure-data.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pure-data/pure-data

It seems that test5 is crashing in certain circumstances during patch
editing, where test4 is not crashing under the exact same
circumstances.

What happens is that when I change the arguments of a certain
abstraction and the click to the empty canvas to let it re-instantiate
with the new arguments, Pd segfaults. Also, when editing that said
abstraction (many instances are used in the patch) and then saving it,
Pd segfaults.

Since this happens in a not so small project, isolating the problem and
creating a small test patch could be quite time consuming. Would a gdb
traceback already help to track it down?

This on Ubntu 11.04 with Pd-0.43.1test5.

Sorry for this vague bug report. I thought it's better to mention it
even when I cannot provide enough useful information yet.

Roman