[PD] Rép : PDGST - no pix_gst2pix... and building Gem 0.93 with mac OS 10.6

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Nov 11 17:08:25 CET 2011

On Nov 11, 2011, at 7:41 AM, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:

> On 11/11/2011 10:53 AM, x.garnier wrote:
>> First of all, thank you very much for the Mac_os binary version of Gem 0.93.2. Looks fine with Pd-extended 0.42.5.
>
> great that it works for you.
>

>> It looks quite correct to me... at least different than all I've gotten so far.
>> (What I've done is :
>> - replacing "-shared" by "-bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup" in both the /src and /src/gem makefiles.
>> - replacing "EXTENSION = .pd_linux" by "EXTENSION = .pd_darwin" in the /src/gem makefile...)
>
> that's correct.
>

>> However, when I open gst2pix.pd, I get the pix_gst2pix function boxed in red and the following message in the console :
>>
>> ---
>> /Users/musique/Library/Pd/pdgst/src/gem/pix_gst2pix.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Users/musique/Library/Pd/pdgst/src/gem/pix_gst2pix.pd_darwin, 10): Symbol not found: __ZN11imageStruct7fromRGBEPh
>> Referenced from: /Users/musique/Library/Pd/pdgst/src/gem/pix_gst2pix.pd_darwin
>> Expected in: flat namespace
>> in /Users/musique/Library/Pd/pdgst/src/gem/pix_gst2pix.pd_darwin
>> pix_gst2pix rgba
>> ... couldn't create
>

> you need to load Gem before you can use the Gem part of pdgst.

It would be nice to have a pdgst binaries available, perhaps a jenkins build would help that goal?  If you set up the jenkins build, I'll do the work to get gstreamer all installed properly on the build servers, and then embedding them into a deployable folder.  I think the build servers already all have gstreamer installed.

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.