[PD] fux_kinect

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 11 19:42:48 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-11 à 17:56:00, tim vets a écrit :

> I don't really remember the steps exactly, do you?

You could use the « svn diff » command, or if it's not from SVN, then
unpack another copy (make sure you don't overwrite) and then do a diff of
the two Makefiles with a command similar to :

   diff -u fux_kinect_orig/Makefile fux_kinect_tim/Makefile

order of filenames (I get it wrong 50 % of the time)

> That 'undefined symbol' thing probably happened now only because I was
> trying with a new build of latest Gem, which doesn't seem to work itself
> here. I now replaced it back with my previous Gem.pd_linux, and it
> behaves like before: I try to create [fux_kinect], and pd hangs, without
> ever finishing creating the object, and without messages.

You can use gdb like this :

   gdb --args pdextended fux_kinect-help.pd

and then use the «run» command to start pd, and press Ctrl+c to force it
to quit when it's hung, then use the «where» command to see a backtrace.
Then post the backtrace here.

> I could probably look up the Valgrind output, if it's relevant. gr, Tim

For a hang, it's better to use GDB.

GDB and Valgrind are largely complementary.

There's also a GUI for Valgrind if it helps you. I don't know about GUIs
for GDB (except the quite old DDD), but there might be one or several.