[PD] Interruption of audio / Loading sound into array

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 12 21:34:16 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-10 à 08:46:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :
> [...]

No. Breadth-first (queueing) is the execution model of t_clock components,
which are central to [delay], [pipe], [metro], and other such things.

I say that breadth-first is queueing, because if you replace every
connection by a generic message pipe that does the same to messages as
[pipe 0] does to floats, then a tree (of objects and connections) gets
traversed breadth-first, as anything down gets delayed to after the
current stack of things is done with, in the t_clock queue of things to do
«now».

However, the DSP uses a model in which data is flowing more regularly,
such that order of execution often does not matter, as for example, if I
take data from [osc~] into both an [expr~] and a [cpole~], and from both
of them into a [*~], then the [*~] will get the same data regardless of
whether [expr~] or [cpole~] gets executed first. The only place where this
breaks, is if a given DSP order causes a 1-block delay on certain
send/receive or throw/catch tasks. And also dsp loops are forbidden.