[PD] expr money

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Sat Nov 12 22:21:29 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 03:24:27PM -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> btw, I haven't seen any of the three funders (Andy, Jonathan, Marvin) say
> whether their money is just for [expr], or does it include [expr~] and/or
> [fexpr~] as well. The task description should be made clearer.

What I would like to see is uniform BSD licensing for PD Vanilla.

That said, if Shahrokh believed that the task only included [expr], I'm fine
with that.  I doubt he's going to be funded at anywhere near what his time is
worth, either way.

> Also, there's no webpage about it. Perhaps you could get together to
> write a page listing the goals and the amounts of money. It could be on
> puredata.info. There could also be a new section for that kind of thing,
> and/or it could be put next to the Google Summer of Code pages and other
> funding-related things.

Personally, I'm not into the idea of generalizing this -- public funding is a
legal and bureaucratic hassle, and I'm considering this a specific charity
donation a la sponsoring a friend in Race for The Cure, not seed money for a
bug-bounty model of development.  I'm also unlikely to contribute again.  For
me, this is a one-time put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is special situation
that I only really considered because the original author made a unique
proposal.

Marvin Humphrey