[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.43-1 test 5 released

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 20:45:32 CET 2011

Hi Matju

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 12:56 -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 03:58:41PM +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> > In the meanwhile I posted a proper bug report:
> > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3437312&group_id=55736&atid=478070
>
> Is Valgrind reporting its first Invalid Write in the same spot, or not ?

Why are you asking? Are you going to help fix this?

> Can you also post Valgrind backtraces for all the Invalid Writes ?

How does it help to also have the Valgrind backtrace?

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Valgrind. Probably you could give
me a hand with it or even create the backtrace yourself (?). I think I
posted all the necessary information to make Pd crash.

> Perhaps
> even any related warnings (but note that Valgrind always provide a bunch
> of unrelated warnings).

Is it something like that it considers Pd's symbol table to be a memory
leak because it gets never freed as long as Pd is running? I'm not sure,
but I vaguely remember you saying something the like.

Roman