[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.43-1 test 5 released

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Nov 13 21:56:21 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-13 à 20:45:00, Roman Haefeli a écrit :
>> Can you also post Valgrind backtraces for all the Invalid Writes ?
> How does it help to also have the Valgrind backtrace?

In case the bug is more subtle than GDB can find.

GDB finds only the final consequences, whereas Valgrind usually finds an
early cause. For some bugs, it does not matter.

> I think I posted all the necessary information to make Pd crash.

It's often not sufficient to cause a crash.

>> Perhaps even any related warnings (but note that Valgrind always
>> provide a bunch of unrelated warnings).
> Is it something like that it considers Pd's symbol table to be a memory
> leak because it gets never freed as long as Pd is running? I'm not sure,
> but I vaguely remember you saying something the like.

That's only if you enable the leak-checker, and that thing is off by
default, and should be kept off while looking for the cause of a crash.

> Why are you asking? Are you going to help fix this?

Nevermind, then.