[PD] pix_freenect 0.03 update

Richie Cyngler glitchpop at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:16:52 CET 2011

Hi,

I'd love to use this external but as a programming dabbler I always have
problems with how to compile things and get everything in the right place
and just follow all the steps correctly. If anyone gets a working version
on OSX I'd love test [pix_freenect] on my machine, I already have lib
freenect installed.

thanks for doing this work Matthias

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Matthias Kronlachner <
m.kronlachner at student.tugraz.at> wrote:

> hi!
>
> finally i found some time to update my pix_freenect external for
> interfacing with the kinect sensor.
>
> you can find source code and binaries (osx, ubuntu 11.10) here:
> http://www.**matthiaskronlachner.com/wp-**content/uploads/2011/11/pix_**
> freenect_0.03.zip<http://www.matthiaskronlachner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/pix_freenect_0.03.zip>
>
> major changes:
>
> * output rgb and depth stream simultaneously, plus 4 channel audio samples
> as list on linux (audio from libfreenect is still experimental....)
> * uses libfreenect v0.1 -> not backward compatible!!
> * binary for osx -> thanks to hans-christian steiner for makefiles i found
> from fux_kinect...
> * accelerator and tilt angle output
> * different depth output modes (raw for distance measurement)
>
> you have to toggle a led, tilt or accelerator output after starting
> rendering to start the streams - don't really know why but i will try to
> fix that.
>
> i tested it with two kinects under ubuntu and osx and it worked fine.
>

> for using audio you have to build libfreenect with audio (default it is
> off!) and put the audio.bin into pix_freenect folder.
>

> have fun and please report bugs.
>

> matthias
>
> ps.: sorry for not continuing the plugin for pix_video framework but in
> case of the kinect it is quite difficult with the 2 streams you get plus
> the audio stream.

Richie