[PD] fux_kinect

Matthias Kronlachner m.kronlachner at student.tugraz.at
Tue Nov 15 02:07:45 CET 2011

hi!

Am 14.11.11 19:19, schrieb tim vets:

> 2011/11/14 Budi Prakosa <iyok at deadmediafm.org
> <mailto:iyok at deadmediafm.org>>
>
>     hi tim, have you try the latest version of pix_freenect by matthias?
>

> Hi Budi and list,
> I tried pix_freenect.pd_linux, but unfortunately: "pix_freenect: can't
> load library"
> No idea why...
> I'm running GEM: ver: 0.92.3. Is v0.93 a requirement maybe?
gem v0.93 is needed!
but there is a binary available now anyway so you don't have to get
yourself in trouble compiling it for osx on your own.

there was a problem with the path settings in the dylibs. try it again,
i hope it's working now.
> I also tried compiling pix_freenect myself, but got stuck at:
> "In file included from pix_freenect.cc:23:0:
> pix_freenect.h:38:31: fatal error: libfreenect-audio.h: No such file
> or directory
> compilation terminated."
> pix_freenect readme says: "get and install latest libfreenect from
> https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect (compile with Audio support!)"
> libfreenect readme says: "Audio is currently being worked on."
yes, audio is being worked on by the libfreenect team, but in the latest
version from git it is included and ready for use.
i didn't have enough time to test audio under osx so it won't be
included when building pix_freenect for osx. (it was quite unstable when
i tried it)
now it won't search for libfreenect-audio.h while compiling for osx.

for audio i think i will divide the external into two anyway.
one for video, one for audio. i will have to check it out if it's
working simultaneously for one kinect then.

matthias