[PD] fux_kinect

Matthias Kronlachner m.kronlachner at student.tugraz.at
Tue Nov 15 20:26:26 CET 2011

Am 15.11.11 16:11, schrieb tim vets:

> 2011/11/15 tim vets <timvets at gmail.com <mailto:timvets at gmail.com>>
>

>     2011/11/15 Matthias Kronlachner <m.kronlachner at student.tugraz.at
>     <mailto:m.kronlachner at student.tugraz.at>>
>
>         hi!
>
>         Am 14.11.11 19 <tel:14.11.11%2019>:19, schrieb tim vets:
>>

>>         2011/11/14 Budi Prakosa <iyok at deadmediafm.org
>>         <mailto:iyok at deadmediafm.org>>
>>
>>             hi tim, have you try the latest version of pix_freenect
>>             by matthias?
>>

>>         Hi Budi and list,
>>         I tried pix_freenect.pd_linux, but unfortunately:
>>         "pix_freenect: can't load library"
>>         No idea why...
>>         I'm running GEM: ver: 0.92.3. Is v0.93 a requirement maybe?
>         gem v0.93 is needed!
>         but there is a binary available now anyway so you don't have
>         to get yourself in trouble compiling it for osx on your own.
>
>         there was a problem with the path settings in the dylibs. try
>         it again, i hope it's working now.
>

>     Has the Linux version been updated as well?
>     trying the binary from
>     http://www.matthiaskronlachner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/pix_freenect_0.03.zip
>     with the following setup now:
>     GEM ver: 0.93.3
>     compiled: Nov 11 2011
>     0.43.1-extended-20111114
>     Ubuntu 11.04 (so not 11.10, problem?)
>
>     /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/pix_freenect.pd_linux: can't load library
>
>     gr,
>     Tim
>
> tried to roll my own, I now have:
> ./pix_freenect.pd_linux: ./pix_freenect.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
> freenect_stop_audio
> pix_freenect: can't load library
> /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/pix_freenect.pd_linux: can't load library
seems as you didn't compile libfreenect with audio, thats why
frennect_stop_audio couldn't be found.
have a look at README.txt, there is a detailed instruction how to
compile libfreenect with audio.

if you don't like to have audio in linux you can also set line 47 in
pix_freenect.cc to #define with_audio = 0;

sorry for this uncomfortable way but i have to make makefiles with
options...

matthias