[PD] Dynamic object creation in relation to canvas dimensions

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Nov 15 20:27:17 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-15 à 11:36:00, Stephen Lucas a écrit :

> I suspect Mathieu may have the right idea about the wraparound, but I'll
> have to do more testing to be sure. Because of the scale of things, I
> can't eyeball the exact problem and will probably need to make a
> separate patch to clarify the problem.

Make just a few numbered objects dynamically so that you can know, e.g.,
that if [foo 327] is the last object in the canvas, then it's the object
that is beginning at pixel row number +32700.

> This is similar to how I've dealt with keeping track of and deleting
> scalars in the past. I'm not sure if this treatment of graph on parent
> would produce its own problems; has anyone used it for this purpose?

I wrote a GOP dynamic-patching abstraction named [#many]. It's not related
to [many].

help file : http://gridflow.ca/help/%23many-help.html

example use as sequencer : http://gridflow.ca/gallery/sequenceur.pd.png
                            http://gridflow.ca/gallery/sequenceur.pd.mp3