[PD] Audio line circuit breaker?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 22:29:23 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----

Not really.  It has its applications when patching live (esp. in conjunction
with [expr~] as in that Youtube live-patching clip someone posted).  And,
at least for me, in live patching it's the clearest choice for implicit summing
at a signal inlet when a control value needs to be combined with a signal
connection, and one has already made the signal connection.  (But in a
premade patch I'd just make the summing explicit with [+~].)

Finally, if you have an object like [cyclone/rand~] where you can't set the
initial inlet value with an argument, it's easier to do [sig~ 30]--[rand~] than
[loadbang]--[30(--[rand~]

It's certainly not the most vital object in Pd, but then again neither is
[float], really (why not just use [list])?