[PD] "get" method for Pd

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 02:43:08 CET 2011

I made a patch awhile back that added a "get" method to pd:

[; pd get version rcv-name( sends "version $major $minor $bugfix"  to rcv-name

[; pd get dsp rcv-name( sends "dsp $status" to rcv-name

[; pd get * rcv-name( sends a sequence of all query-able "attribute values" to rcv-name

leaving off rcv-name will send the output to the Pd console

[; pd get( is synonymous with [; pd get *(

I remembered the patch when trying to generate crash logs for about.pd in the other thread--

if Pd has a "get" method then about.pd doesn't need to rely on externals (well, aside from

pddplink for the links).

Are there Pd attributes other than version and dsp status that would be nice to make "gettable"?

-Jonathan