[PD] get console messages within patch

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 17 02:53:37 CET 2011

>>> I wonder if there is a possibility to receive console messages within
>>> a patch. Could be helpful, for instance, when there is a certain error
>>> that should immediately trigger a reaction. Thanks for advice.

I had made something specifically for that, that redirects the console
messages in a way similar to how other languages have «try/catch» or
«begin/rescue» keywords to trap errors.

   http://artengine.ca/desiredata/gallery/unpost.gif

But this external would require a modification to pd that has been
circulating on the net since 2003 and rejected by Miller in 2004.

Because Miller doesn't want features like that.