[PD] <<Loaded>> event

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 22:01:24 CET 2011

Hi Hans,
     I'm close to finishing a revision of my tooltips patch.  To properly loadbang a canvas tip

I need something like a <<Loaded>> event, but one that tells me when the a pd patch window has

finally finished being drawn by Tk.  <<Loaded>> seems to trigger once the procedure for creating

a new canvas has finished (technically right before, I guess), but it doesn't tell me when Tk has

actually finished drawing the window and setting all the window dimensions that are query-able

through winfo.

I think I could use <Configure>, but it will trigger multiple times-- I just want one event that tells me

"Ok, everything that needed to get drawn as a result of creating this patch window is done drawing."

(tcl/tk wiki warns against "update idletasks" which can cause subtle bugs.)

-Jonathan