[PD] "get" method for Pd

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 22:53:55 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think [thispatcher] would be analogous to [sendcanvas], or, a pointer to
> the head of a glist, which you can get with [pointer] and use its
> "send-window" method to send messages to it.  My canvas "get" method
> patch makes it possible to get a pointer to the parent of a canvas, so you
> can essentially write your own "sendcanvas" abstraction.

True there's many externals for info purposes, but your patch makes it
work via a modification of pd core code. I tried your patch file and
demo. What a cool demo it is! This makes my day. (And I've not even
seen half of it, because pd crashes at the 'edit demo-abstraction',
that's maybe because I patched pd version test5.) Good thing you
bumped this topic.

Katja