[PD] "get" method for Pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Nov 18 20:00:01 CET 2011

On Nov 18, 2011, at 1:23 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Le 2011-11-17 à 21:17:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>
>> The last sentence is the key there.  They should not all do these things in their own disparate ways.  If the objects stick to common, well-established idioms, then all these objects will be easy use.  Just imagine the help patch of an [info] object with so many messages vs the help patch for each object and its specific task.
>
> Yes, it's much more convenient to open 20 tiny help patches to have an overview, then have to open 1 big help patch that contains all of the info in one place... ;)
>
> try again.

I guess you haven't seen the all_about_ patches, you can have one of those for the unified overview.  Then have each object's help patch link to this.

As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we should do freely and generously.         - Benjamin Franklin