[PD] "get" method for Pd

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 20:58:36 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----

Because if you want to get n data about pd (or from a canvas) you have
to have n objects.  One of my biggest pains in Pd comes when I need to
map keys to, say, midi numbers-- if you use [route 32 12 56 32 etc.] connected
to however many message boxes, it's a lot of patching work to do something
very simple.  So if I had a patch that needed many of your objects above,
it's a pain.

> I'm just about done with a [canvasvisible] object for
> iemguts to illustrate this idea.

I'm not wild about the interface of some of the iemguts objects-- one of them
differentiates between "list" and "bang" to trigger different behavior, and
the level for [sendcanvas] isn't settable.

-Jonathan