[PD] "get" method for Pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 18 22:31:27 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-17 à 22:24:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> You think that ~2300 words is not particularly large for a help file?  That's now long Tcl's info help is.  I don't think any Pd help patch has anywhere close to 2300 words.

wc -w "#convolve-help.pd" says 3086, but counting only the contents of the
comments, it's 1596. To be fair, however, you have to count the code
examples, and doc elements that aren't plain comments, so it's probably
closer to 2000.

http://gridflow.ca/help/%23convolve-help.html

But that's because it contains a whole tutorial, too. Otherwise, the
design of the thing is quite simple.

I don't think that 2300 words (or 3600 words for more recent docs) is that
large. A hardcopy of a successful book such as Tolstoï's War and Peace has
560000 words and doesn't even come with a Ctrl+f feature.