[PD] "get" method for Pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Nov 21 04:39:29 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-17 à 15:16:00, katja a écrit :

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:43 AM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I made a patch awhile back that added a "get" method to pd
>
> And considering the "set" method, which is now implicit like in [; pd
> dsp 1(, it would be nice to have:
>
> [; pd samplerate <samplerate>(

In the model I use for attributes (in GridFlow), the name of the attribute
is always the same as the name of the set-method, and for getting, there
is a single get-method that takes the attribute name in $1, defaulting to
all. IIRC, everybody does it like that in Pd, and perhaps in MAX too, but
I don't really remember.

I mean I think that we all agree on this.

(DS [set] is an exception to this model, in some way... but DS don't have
inlets nor receivers accessible from pd, anyway, so, they wouldn't be able
to fit the model)