[PD] gesture recognition

Matthias Moos feuerbrut at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 15:22:26 CET 2011

Dear PD-List

I recently decided to get into gesture recognition for several different
performance-art purposes. one of them is for fireshows, where i would like
to be able to control events on my computer throug the circling movements
of torches.
another one needs to be able to recognize simple gestures with the hand
like swyping, cyrcling etc.

my question:
has anyone worked with gesture-recognition? are there specific objects or
patches?
tracking-wise i would use an infrared-cam or wiimote-ir for the fire, for
the hand-gestures maybe a normal webcam which films the hand only, on the
side of my body.

big thanks for reading and any ideas or suggestions!

greets, matt