[PD] gesture recognition

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Mon Nov 21 16:37:28 CET 2011

Hi all,

Indeed I have an DTW external, still need to find free time to get it there
for everyone (as a working external, and probably only for linux - not
enough free time!). Anyhow when I did my presentation at this year's pdcon,
I did show easystroke as an example.
Easystroke is absolutely fantastic, and the recognizer is robust for my
usage (I have about 20 gestures that I use for more than a year, to control
the OS). That would be an interesting take on the gesture recognition issue.

If your gestures are not multi-streamed (e.g., multitouch) you can also use
on of the many 1$ gesture recognizer implementations out there - which is a
very famous calligraphic recognizer. e.g.,
http://depts.washington.edu/aimgroup/proj/dollar/

hope it helps,
Best,
Pedro
p.s.: regarding the DTW, I still need some time, but its definitely gonna
happen. Although for calligraphic gesture detection it is very robust, I
would go for easystroke or 1$.

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Patrice Colet <colet.patrice at free.fr>wrote:

> hello, there is something you can try on linux or osx, by sending events
> to [x11mouse] and then easystroke
>

> http://www.workinprogress.ca/gesture-recognition-in-pure-data-with-easystroke/
>
> Colet Patrice

Pedro Lopes (HCI Researcher / MSc)