[PD] "get" method for Pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Nov 21 20:56:51 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-21 à 09:56:00, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> On 2011-11-18 18:49, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> But if you want dynamic naming, there's [receives] with an s, which
>
> there's also zexy's [multireceive] which does probably the same (though
> i agree that [receives] is a very nice name)

Actually, it doesn't do the same.

But it's harder to do, because [multireceive] doesn't have a help file at
all, whereas [receives] has http://gridflow.ca/help/receives-help.html

For the problem we were talking about, [multireceive] fits the problem
more directly.

However, [receives] is more geared towards local receivers, with automatic
joining of a prefix (such as «$0-») from receive-symbols.

The job that I do using [receives] (managing a lot of iemguis) would have
taken many more objects if I had been trying to use [multireceive]
instead.

With [receives], pd feels a lot more like it supports local-symbols.