[PD] "get" method for Pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Nov 22 00:20:45 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-21 à 23:33:00, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> On 2011-11-21 23:05, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
>>> English speakers don't live in the real world?
>
> english speakers usually don't encounter these "compound words" since
> they (the words) are not used in their (the people's) everyday life.

Well, actually, it's more like it came from latin « commūnicātiōnem »,
point is about suffix aggregation.

and -ponere (to put).

This is actually copy-paste from several wiktionary pages (I don't know
any latin !).

> thus i assumed that these compound words do not impose any problems for
> those people (unless they are communicating with germans that keep
> glueing words together)

assumed = ad+sūmō+ed ;
impose = in+ponere ;
problem = pro+ballo (before several mutations) ;
unless = un+less ;
glueing = glue+ing ;
together = to+gether (with various old spellings) ;

> german speakers have to deal with these words on a day by day basis, and
> for them it usually does not make a lot of problems in their real world.

usual+ly

sign+ature