[PD] GridFlow slowness

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 01:11:55 CET 2011

On 11/23/2011 12:28 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> But usually, the problem is not that the memory copying takes longer, it
> might just be that it takes a too big percentage compared to other tasks.
>
> There's also the problem that making copies takes more active RAM, which
> means that the SRAM has to be swapping,...

But do any of these factors change when using an interpreted language or
environment as opposed to doing this "natively" (e.g. in C++)?

I mean, when the bottlenecks of copying ram are discussed, I sometimes
get the impression that I'm being told: this is the part of code where
the overhead of doing things in java (or whatever) rather than c++ is
biggest, which is what I find counterintuitive. Or is it just a
misunderstanding of mine?

Sorry if this is too much OT but since you kind of mentioned it you woke
up an existing curiosity of mine and I ask because it seems you know
about it ;)