[PD] Rép : PDGST - no pix_gst2pix... PD 0.42.5/Gem 0.93.3/mac OS 10.6

x.garnier x.garnier at orange.fr
Sun Nov 27 18:20:05 CET 2011

(reminder : my aim : get live streaming webcams displayed into a gem window...)

Hello again,

I've made a mistake in the subject of my last message and I figure that's why I didn't get any answer (have a look below to my PD console starting message  please). I'm still having doubts about having installed PDGST propertly. When I open all of your tests patches pd can create all pdgst objects except dv1394src (linux ?), audio/x-raw and of course the one I would need : pix_gst2pix (and the reciprocal function).

The "simple" thing I'm trying to do to begin with is to reproduce the patch displayed on page 4 of your PDGST.pdf document and even if I've understood that some functions are labelled differently now (such as pdgst_out~ or pix_gstin) it definitely seems that I need that pix_gst2pix to be able to get live streaming webcams displayed into a gem window...
I don't know what to do more...
- do you think it's a simple problem of loading libraries ?
- should I need to check if I've Gstreamer properly installed ? (how can I ?)
- should I need to check if some of the test patches work ? (which one should definitely work ? how can I test it ? I don't completely understand each one of them)
- should I need to reinstall everything (like pd 0.43 for example) ?
I'm kind of lost by now... sorry about it,
Thanks a lot !
Xavier