[PD] Rép : PDGST - no pix_gst2pix... PD 0.42.5/Gem 0.93.3/mac OS 10.6

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 27 21:11:56 CET 2011

On 11/27/2011 06:20 PM, x.garnier wrote:
> (reminder : my aim : get live streaming webcams displayed into a gem window...)
>
> Hello again,
>
> I've made a mistake in the subject of my last message and I figure that's why I didn't get any answer (have a look below to my PD console starting message  please). I'm still having doubts about having installed PDGST propertly. When I open all of your tests patches pd can create all pdgst objects except dv1394src (linux ?), audio/x-raw and of course the one I would need : pix_gst2pix (and the reciprocal function).

while i highly appreciate a proper subject, it was not the reason for
not answering. i guess it was only so many emails you can write...

> The "simple" thing I'm trying to do to begin with is to reproduce the patch displayed on page 4 of your PDGST.pdf document and even if I've understood that some functions are labelled differently now (such as pdgst_out~ or pix_gstin) it definitely seems that I need that pix_gst2pix to be able to get live streaming webcams displayed into a gem window...
> I don't know what to do more...
> - do you think it's a simple problem of loading libraries ?

no

> - should I need to check if I've Gstreamer properly installed ? (how can I ?)

i don't think it's the problem. as long as you can create e.g.
[videotestsrc], gstreamer is fine.

> - should I need to check if some of the test patches work ? (which one should definitely work ? how can I test it ? I don't completely understand each one of them)

hmm, i don't have PdGST installed on my machine here, so i cannot
properly answer that question.
iirc, there should be an example that does not involve Gem, but only
gstreamer objects. that should work,

> - should I need to reinstall everything (like pd 0.43 for example) ?

no.

> I'm kind of lost by now... sorry about it,

i don't think its is your fault at all.

>> /Users/musique/Library/Pd/pdgst/src/gem/pix_gst2pix.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Users/musique/Library/Pd/pdgst/src/gem/pix_gst2pix.pd_darwin, 10): Symbol not found: __ZN11imageStruct7fromRGBEPh

this basically means that you have PdGST compiled against a different
version of Gem as you are using.
Gem (>=0.93) has "imageStruct::fromRGB(const char*)", whereas your error
indicates that pix_gst2pix was compiled against a Gem that has
"imageStruct::fromRGB(char*)".

make sure to point pdgst to the Gem sources that come with the 0.93.3
binaries (they should be in Gem/dev/ or so)

gfmar
IOhannes