[PD] audio to arduino to PD, back to audio

Peter Brinkmann peter.brinkmann at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 29 04:07:31 CET 2011

Hi Onyx,
If low-fi ness and texture is what you're after, then you may want to
try bit-banging, i.e., sampling audio with digital pins, for a
resolution of one bit per sample.  That sounds crazy, but with a
little bit of low-pass filtering the output is surprisingly
recognizable.  It also improves your odds of staying within the
limitations of the hardware.

I built some audio toys around Arduino a few years ago and bit-banging
worked quite well for what I had in mind.  I would share the code, but
I believe I deleted it.
Cheers,
     Peter