[PD] pd~ not helping, any hints?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 20:21:20 CET 2011

Sorry, I wrote this before I received the digest with the answers.

Thanks for the replies.

[pd~] is still coming quite in handy. I'm now allowed to open 2 instances
of my abstractions that take almost 90% CPU each. Works perfectly!

Too bad it can't unsync the clocks. It's very "elegant", to just open one
file, and have it all there.

I know about the paper and figured it couldn't be done and all... I'm not
that well versed in programming to go deep under the hood and give you
objective possibilities or ways around. But I still have some ideas that
seems to be reasonable. Like, there could be a new [pd~] like object, that
would allow this to be possible to this exact kind of purpose.

Because when I see another "Pd" opened so I can use the net objects, it
just look the same as if I had opened it with [pd~] subprocesses. I assume
there's a way to do it.

But you could still have this new function inside [pd~]. Then, with some
sort of flag or creation argument, [pd~] could function like that.

Anyway, I'm sure there can be quite a hassle, and maybe just "not worth
it", but I don't see it as something impossible. Do I have a point?

Thanks
Alex