[PD] install Pd on ubuntu without internet; video-playback codec windows?

Funs Seelen funsseelen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 14:49:57 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Johnny Mauser
<joson.android at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Dear list!
>
> i am trying to install pd-extended 0.42.5 on ubuntu 10.04 and am a total
> beginner with any linux. I was so happy to manage to install ubuntu, but
> now the Package Installer asks for more and more dependencies. My machine
> is not allowed to connect to internet, and i go crazy copying all the
> dependencies via usb stick from this internet-pc to performance-pc! How to
> easy-install Pd?

To compile Pd you need to install all the dependencies. If that's too much
work without a direct internet connection -- which I can imagine -- try the
precompiled binary of pd-ext for ubuntu 10.04 "
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pure-data/files/pd-extended/0.42.5/Pd-0.42.5-extended-ubuntu-lucid-i386.deb/download".
Hopefully that works.

--Funs