[PD] pvoc~ / classic vocoder

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:27:17 CET 2011

Hi, I've seen around this listed in a few pages as a pd object

pvoc~ an additive synthesis phase vocoder
is it out there somewhere for real?

cant find it.

Oh, by the way. is there some Classic old school frequency band vocoder
implemented as a Pd patch somewhere around? I dont mean miller's "timbre
stamp" example, or a few objects I've seen, or the bark spectrum phase
vocoder from timbreID. Got it?

---------

By the way, I'm preparing a new update on my tutorials I've been using on
FFT workshops. Will put them out here soon. They started off in portuguese,
but I've been converting them to english.

Oh, and here's something ironic; this is a very cool Phase Vocoder tutorial
as I pointed out http://cycling74.com/2006/11/02/the-phase-vocoder-–-part-i/ .
It shows how to do it in polar and cartesian form, but I never tested their
patches. So I got curious and downloaded max 6 demo to try them. The
cartesian form actually doesn't seem to work well at all! And it is totally
based on Miller's I07 example patch.

Anyway, I did a polar version of the phase vocoder with [cartopol~] /
[poltocar~] objetcs. It does look much simpler and easier to understand.

So, I will put them out soon.

Thanks