[PD] [spectrogram~] won't show anything

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:30:40 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Caio Barros <caio.barros at gmail.com> wrote:

>> This bug in [sqrt~] was reported on the list some time ago. It is in
>> nightly builds of Pd-extended 0.43.1. There is a bug report on the
>> bugtracker. Consider adding a comment there with the build details.
>>

>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3442082&group_id=55736&atid=478070
>>
> Done!

In the meantime, you could use [pow~] with exponent 0.5. But, while
I'm typing this and check if it's true, I notice that [pow~]'s
arguments are swapped again. In 0.42.5 it was finally matching [pow]
(base at left inlet and exponent at right inlet, so you can also type
the exponent as init argument) and now it's back again the 'wrong way
round'. What could be the rationale behind this? In vanilla
0.43.1test5 it is 'the right way round', with exponent at the right
inlet. But in vanilla, [pow~]'s init argument is ignored without
warning. Two more buglets to be reported and fixed...

Katja