[PD] Networking patches to utilize multiple cores

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Sun Dec 11 15:08:00 CET 2011

Hello,

 I've once made a project like this, and found out that it's better to not send interpolated data through FUDI,
interpolation can be done on client's end, it saves a lot of bandwidth.

Just an idea,

 for sequencing events there are ways to reduce a lot the dataflow by using protocols different from MIDI sequencing.
MIDI needs a very tight timecode, the amount of data is increasing with bpm and controller values.
I've found one different way that is about sending a packet containing all the pattern informations
that would be triggered with a simple beat clock. There is a backup of this work there:

http://megalego.free.fr/pd/patko/list-sequence/

This might be suited for transmitting sequential events through network,
but I haven't experimented this yet,
the main idea was about interpreting tabla language:

http://megalego.free.fr/pd/patko/tablas/

There you have my two cents, good luck in your project.

Colet Patrice