[PD] Networking patches to utilize multiple cores

onyx@onyx-ashanti.com onyxashanti at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 21:08:37 CET 2011

>  I've once made a project like this, and found out that it's better to not
> send interpolated data through FUDI,
> interpolation can be done on client's end, it saves a lot of bandwidth.
>
> yes, my idea as well, is the only send message data across, with all the
heavy lifting done in the "signal" patch on the client end.

> Just an idea,
>
>  for sequencing events there are ways to reduce a lot the dataflow by
> using protocols different from MIDI sequencing.
> MIDI needs a very tight timecode, the amount of data is increasing with
> bpm and controller values.
> I've found one different way that is about sending a packet containing all
> the pattern informations
> that would be triggered with a simple beat clock. There is a backup of
> this work there:
>
> http://megalego.free.fr/pd/patko/list-sequence/

would this work properly on high speed realtime data? my goal is to create
a connection that can handle many streams of real time data, very fast.  it
may be a moot point later this week as i just ordered an i7 based quadcore
laptop which i think will deal with all of this without blinking but I
would like to find the most efficient route for elegance sake.

thanks for the feedback.  i will investigate those patches thoroughly.

onyx

www.onyx-ashanti.com