[PD] [gemwin] - Storing window-shots and changing view?

Sebastian Valenzuela svalenzuelamusic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 22:19:04 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I have two big questions regarding the graphics object [gemwin]:

How does one change the focus of the graphics window?
For example, we are using a computer video camera to look at the surface of
a pepperoni pizza (in real time), but i want to change the view so that all
you see is one pepperoni slice in the graphics window (still a square
window/image).

Also, How does one go about temporarily storing an image/frame of the live
video going through the graphics window object?
For example, now that i have the piece of pepperoni in view, i want to
capture ONLY this portion of the entire pizza/live video stream.

I am new to [gemwin], but would like to implement it into an audio/video
installation due next week. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for your time,
Sebastian