[PD] Networking patches to utilize multiple cores

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Dec 13 13:07:52 CET 2011

----- Mail original -----

 This would just allow to send sequence events without blowing network
all the time

The idea is about using a message system for regenerating data
on client instead of directly streaming data, that way it reduces network bandwidth needs,
but require a faster cpu. this also certainly need to use NTP (a time server)
to sync everything.

  it
> may be a moot point later this week as i just ordered an i7 based
> quadcore
> laptop which i think will deal with all of this without blinking but
> would like to find the most efficient route for elegance sake.

 You might also be interested at looking into netpd code.