[PD] number to fractions external?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Dec 18 07:35:02 CET 2011

Le 2011-12-16 à 15:51:00, i go bananas a écrit :

> (using the 'division method' like this:  http://easycalculation.com/what-is-hcf.php )

The division method is much more known as Euclid's Algorithm...

And I never saw it named HCF before. Always PGCD in French and GCD in
English.

By the way, GridFlow has an operator for computing one or many GCD at
once : [# gcd].

Here's a visualisation of the GCD of all combinations of numbers from 0 to
255 :

   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/gcd.gif

I made it in fév.2003... it's one of the oldest GridFlow patches ever.

> then just divide n and 100000 by that factor. actually, that means it's
> accurate to 6 decimal places, i guess.  well...whatever :D

100000 means 5 decimal places. A million is 6 decimal places. You can see
that by looking at how 10, 100, 1000, etc. multiply with each other, and
also, logarithms in base 10.