[PD] pd-0.43 on Pentium III

rolf meesters rolfmeesters at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 22:04:39 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2011, at 9:01 AM, rolf meesters wrote:
>

> i think, all externals in PdX are compiled with "-march=pentium4 -msse2
>> -mfpmath=sse" (for whatever reasons, Pd itself seems to not be compiled
>> with p4/sse2 support), which will most likely produce code that is
>> non-executable on your machine.
>>
>> that the machine used for building is a P3, doesn't matter much, as it
>> need not run the code...think of it as "cross compiling" for a newer
>> architecture.
>>

>> fgasdr
>> IOhannes
>>
>> so with my 15 P3-s i'm obliged to stay with PdX-0.42.5 ?
> or is it connected with Windows-XP and not with Linux  (i'm using Ubuntu) ?
>

> If you are using Ubuntu on those PIIIs, then its quite easy to build it
> yourself, just change the OPT_CFLAGS in packages/linux_make/Makefile to be
> for pentium3 instead of pentium4 and remove the sse2 stuff.
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/BuildingPdExtended
>
> .hc
>

> not that easy! after reading the pages about building and sources:

fullfilled dependencies following
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/UbuntuMaverick
i'm on Lucid, but no errors reported here.

got sources:
rsync -av --delete rsync://128.238.56.50/distros/pd-extended/pd-extended-farm/

in directory linux_make: make install
(i386 seems to be the default)

lots of warnings/errors:   (complete error output attached)
mainly of this type
.....grh/adaptive/src/lms2~.c: In function ‘lms2_tilde_new’:
.....grh/adaptive/src/lms2~.c:246: warning: unused parameter ‘s’
many of them in iemlib

and at the end of the process pdlua.c seems completely amiss.

where did i go wrong?
something important changed between Lucid and Maverick?

for my understanding: the version for Windows has to be compiled in Windows
(using mingw)?

rolf