[PD] pd64 debian lots of errors

brandt at subnet.at brandt at subnet.at
Tue Dec 20 15:10:40 CET 2011

Zitat von "IOhannes m zmoelnig" <zmoelnig at iem.at>:

> On 2011-12-20 13:27, brandt at subnet.at wrote:
>> hi list
>>
>> i start pd which i made with dpkg out from
>> Pd-0.43.1-extended-20111207.deb i found after searching the different
>> 64er threats on the list.
>>
>> if i start it with pd -nogui it tells me:
>
> you don't need "-nogui"..."-stderr" is probably more practical, as you
> will still have the possibility to interact with your patch...

i start with -nogui, ´cause i dont have a xserver installed. in the
moment am through network on that machine

> anyhow:
>

>> verbose(5): Using /usr/lib/pd-extended/startup as startup.
>> verbose(4): Loading /usr/lib/pd-extended/startup/0.libdir.pd_linux
>> verbose(3): libdir loader 1.9

does that mean, that its finding the files?

> [...]
>> verbose(3): PDP: pure data packet version 0.12.7
>>
>> there are some errors in the GEM loading, which i am not able to construe.
>>

> but until now, i haven't seen an error in the output.

this ones are no errors?...just to be sure

open: /etc/pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: /home/markus/.pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: ./gem.conf: No such file or directory

>> if i do
>>
>>  pd -nogui -path /home/markus/A2R/sone/Nhouse.rj/ -open
>> /home/markus/A2R/sone/Nhouse.rj/_a.pd
>>
>> _a.pd is a patch that opens the _main patch.
>>
>> it says for different abstactions, which are placed in the -path folder
>> for example:
>>
>> verbose(3): tclpd loader: searching for goasolo in path...
>> verbose(3): tclpd loader: searching for goasolo/goasolo in path...
>> verbose(3): tclpd loader: found nothing!
>
> which only means that the "tclpd loader" is misbehaving, as it should
> shut up (or at least only report at a higher verbosity level) if it
> fails find anything.
> assuming that you don't use any tcl-externals (if you don't know, you
> most likely don't), you can safely ignore these.

:-))

>> and ogg tells me:
>>
>> oggcast~: set server type to new Icecast2 (HTTP/1.0 scheme)
>> oggcast~: 2 channels @ 44100 Hz, bitrates: max. 144 / nom. 128 / min. 96
>> oggcast~: 2 channels @ 44100 Hz, quality 0.80
>> oggcast~: connecting to port 8000
>> error: oggcast~: connection failed!
>
> which could simply mean that [oggcast~] couldn't connect to an icecast
> server. is the server running? do you point to correct server? do you
> provide the correct password?

it looks like the admin gave me no rights in the moment...as he told me

mit freundlichen grüßen
markus