[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.43-1 test7 (!) available

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 26 23:33:02 CET 2011

I read the thread on the bug tracker.  It looks like this is an old bug
that manifests itself worse in 0.43 because its error recovery for
TCL commands coming from Pd isn't as good as 0.42 was.  I looked and
couldn't figure out how to make 0.43 imitate 0.42's behavior for tcl
errors - in 0.42 there was C code that parsed and executed individual
tcl commands, but since that code was replaced by pure tcl the commands
coming up from pd are sent as a batch to the interpreter which stops trying
to execute the scripts once it hits the first error.  So later stuff
doesn't get eecuted which throws Pd and the GUI out of sync.  Unless someone
knows how to make a tcl interpreter ignore errors when executing scripts
I don't know how to return to the more fail-soft 0.42 way.

That said, the particular error might be fixed in 0.43-1test7 - I'd suggest
you see if things are fixed and if not send me something that I can cause
to fail.

thanks
Miller